Friday 15 July 2011

Can I just tell you something?




I always thought, “This is why I’m single: I’m too much for anyone to love. I have this issue and this issue, oh, and 3 years from now I’ll figure out I also have this issue, too.” And it becomes your identifier. You’re the single person who thinks there’s no one out there to love. Or be loved by. But then for a time, you stop thinking it’s you. So you date and you realize every guy you meet is just worse than the one before. And you get wrapped up in this world of “this is why I’m single.” It’s me. But it’s also them. And this is why I’m single.

And then one night you meet someone. And they’re fantastic. And over time, they come to learn all of your issues. And you learn theirs. But for some reason, they don’t matter. Your trust issue disappears because you trust them. Your intimacy issue disappears because you love being intimate with them. Your other issues slowly disappear because your issues are no longer an issue.

And you realize, “This is why I was single. I was waiting to meet them.”

Really. It happens. So hang in there.

No comments: